This snowy morning, I need:
- an iced latte with soy milk (ignoring that almond milk is better for me)
- no overhead lighting (even if it means moving more slowly)
- the flannel quilt my mama made for me wrapped around my shoulders as I respond to emails from the comfort of the sofa
- a little time to read blogs for inspiration and internal high fives for my fellow business owners
- a hot shower and the space heater in the studio on high
I used to wake up lively and I miss that about me. It’s a sign of age, of the mellowing I’ve done as I trade youth for wisdom. I turned 31 last weekend, and I’ve been thinking about the woman I’m becoming. I finally, finally feel like I’m shedding girl and I’m glad for that. I am grateful to not feel young anymore. I’m relishing in all the truths I’ve learned about myself through the years – including giving myself the gift of gentle starts to my mornings.
But I do miss waking up ready to conquer the world. Perhaps I also need to add to my list:
– to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
What do you need today? I’d love to hear from you on Twitter.